• Lessons are 30 to 45 minutes long. Please plan to arrive approximately 30
• If a lesson is canceled with out a 24 hour notice there will be a cancellation charge
• The Rider will learn how to groom and tack their horse. At the end of the lesson the rider will need to un-tack the horse, put all of their tack away, and possibly
• The current price of a lesson is $45.00 dollars.
• Lesson cards may also be purchased for $225.00. With the lesson card you buy five lessons and the sixth one is free.
• We ask that the rider wear a pair of boots with a ½ inch heel.
• Please wear jeans or long pants!
• Helmets are a MUST! If you do not have a helmet Sunflower will provide one for you.
To schedule a lesson please call:
Campers ride every day in a small group lesson devoted to equitation and tailored to their experience level. Beginners receive a solid grounding in equestrian basics, and more advanced riders get the boost that comes from daily riding sessions and individual attention. Most days we ride a second time to give the children as much experience as possible. Every day campers spend the whole day with the horses doing horse-related activities. Campers learn to care for their equine friends through fun activities that teach skills such as:
Good Ground Manners ◊ First Aid Mounted Games ◊ Stall Cleaning
Grooming ◊ Bathing ◊ Braiding Tack Care ◊ Horse Treat Making Lunging
◊ Colors, Breeds and Anatomy Bareback, English and Western Riding